Tips for Buyers
Are You Ready to Buy Your Dream Home?
Whether you are a first-time homebuyer brimming with excitement, moving for a new job, or just ready for a change of scenery, our agents can make the process of finding your dream home a lot easier. For many people, buying a home is a time of great joy, as well as stress, but with our help, we can keep your stress level to a minimum. If you are currently considering buying a home in the Virginia Peninsula area, here are some things to keep in mind.
Things to Consider When Buying a Home
Buying a home can be a daunting task, but our efficient and experienced agents can provide you with a wealth of buying tips. Some of these tips include:
• Buy during the right time – Summer is a busy time for the real estate market. Families buy homes, and often, they prefer to buy between May and early August so they don’t have to move during the school year. This causes real estate prices to rise during the summer months. Traditionally, buyers have had better luck finding deals between November and February.
• Don’t attempt to lowball sellers – As a buyer, you certainly want to get the most for your money, but offering an extremely low price for a home can be insulting to the owner and ineffective. Work with an agent to come up with the right offer and negotiate.
• Do your homework – Always research the neighborhood, history of the home, and comparable home values before presenting an offer.
• Know when to ask for repairs and upgrades – Sellers are usually not willing to make minor, low-cost cosmetic repairs, but they may be willing to make major, necessary repairs to a property to entice buyers.
My Home Tracker
By keeping the tips listed above, you and your agent can find your dream home and get the best deal possible.
Helpful Buyer Resources
An agent can also provide you with numerous buyer resources such as home trackers and access to featured listings. By viewing our featured listings, you can find a variety of homes you may be interested in buying. You can also find out about the beautiful communities in your area.
Find the Best Home at the Best Price
Whether you are interested in buying your first home or your fourth, our real estate agents can help you. Buying a home should be an exciting and fulfilling experience, not a hassle, and our agents will always work to help you find the best home at the best price. Call us today at (757) 806-6015 or fill out and submit this contact form at your earliest convenience.
- Want to get emails showing all the new homes for sale that meet your needs? Sign up for the free My Home Tracker today and you'll get results sent straight to your inbox!
- Take a look at some of our featured listings. Call for a complete list of all the properties that match your specific needs.Community Information
- Maps, recent home sales, demographics, school reports, crime statistics, houses of worship and much more!Buyer Resources
- Informative articles about buying real estate.